For more information contact:
This week the Minnesota House Republicans announced our budget plan for the future of Minnesota. In building a roadmap to a bright future for Minnesota, I would like to share some of highlights of our plan that will have government live within its means while paving the way for small business growth:
· Balances the budget with no tax increases.
· Creates a $3.6 billion reduction in future spending.
· Reduces state agency funding by 15 percent.
· Requires 15 percent reduction in state government by 2015.
· Freezes public employee salaries for two years.
· Funds priorities while slowing the growth of government spending.
· Reduces projected spending by 13.1%.
I am also happy to share with you that my bill, House File 410, which aims to eliminate the Social Security tax has passed the Taxes Committee and has been laid over for possible inclusion in the omnibus tax bill. Forty-three other states have chosen to care and protect their senior citizens fixed incomes by eliminating the Social Security tax. Our current system doesn’t honor the hard work Minnesotans have done to earn their benefits. Also, I’ll be introducing a bill to bring tax relief to small businesses. In addition to these two bills, I am the chief author of House File 866, a bill that will help our homeless veterans by appropriating money through the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs for the Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans grant provided for continued outreach to homeless veterans in Minnesota.
My next “Coffee with Kathy” session from 1:00pm to 3:00pm at Gorman’s Restaurant will be held on March 18. Please contact Melissa Hackenmueller at 651-296-9471 to schedule a time to meet. I hope to see you there!
No image galleries found