Health and Human Services
The following write-ups are produced and maintained by House Research, with some links provided to other sources.
2018 Session Information
Health Care Programs
- Integrated Health Partnerships Demonstration
A 19-page information brief that describes the Integrated Health Partnerships demonstration, which is a direct contracting program between the state and healthcare providers for services provided to MA and MinnesotaCare enrollees. December 2017.
Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities
Income Assistance Programs
Minnesota Family Investment Program
Youth & Minors' Rights
- Overview of the Maltreatment of Minors Act
A 15-page overview of the act, which establishes a system for reporting possible child abuse and neglect, and its related laws and rules. July 2016.
- Youth and the Law
A 129-page guidebook explaining state law and court cases which establish rights, responsibilities, and protections for youth, including information on economic protection, education, health and social services, and criminal justice. December 2016.
General Health and Human Services
- Eligibility of Noncitizens for Health Care and Cash Assistance Programs
A 16-page information brief that summarizes noncitizens' eligibility for programs like GA, MFIP, MSA, SSI, Food Stamps, EGA, GAMC, MA, MinnesotaCare, EMA, and GRH. September 2011.
- Food Safety System: An Overview
- Health and Human Services Acronyms
- Health and Human Services Committee Jurisdiction
Presentation on committee jurisdiction, January 2018
- Health Insurance Terms
A 4-page information brief summarizing terms commonly used in legislative discussions of health insurance. November 2017.
- Human Service Programs: Relationship between Federal, State, and Local Governments
- Minnesota Family Assistance: A Guide to Public Programs Providing Assistance to Minnesota Families
A 186-page guidebook describing federal and state programs that provide assistance to Minnesota families in the form of income, health care, child care, and food purchasing. February 2016.
- Minnesota's All-Payer Claims Database (MN APCD)
Show archived materials no longer actively maintained (materials will be grouped into a single archives topic at the bottom of this page)