Legislature House of Representatives House Research Property Taxes
Property Tax Lookup
This tool allows you to look up property taxes by specifying a property's market value, property type,
and location. The location is identified by selecting the county, city or township, and school district from the appropriate lists.
For comparison purposes, you may specify multiple market values, locations, and/or years.
Notes & Instructions
- You may select more than one market value by clicking on "Include additional market values" below and adding other
amounts in the fields.
- An annual growth rate is not required. It can be used to automatically increase a property value annually when multiple
years are selected in the lookup. If a growth rate is entered, the earliest year included in the lookup will use the
actual property value amount entered, and subsequent years will be adjusted by the growth rate.
- When selecting property locations, you must select from three lists: (1) county, (2) city or township, and (3) school
district. If only one school district is available for a chosen city or town, it will be selected automatically.
- After selecting a county, you may select "All Cities & Towns" in the cities and townships list. If
"All" is selected, no additional locations can be added and the lookup results will include property tax
information for each city and town in the selected county (with a breakdown for each associated school district).
- Actual property tax amounts could differ from the amounts displayed due to the effects of (1) preliminary versus final
data, and (2) tax rates that are not uniform within the city or town (e.g., special taxing districts such as watershed
- Additional information on property taxes is available from the House Research
Property Taxes topic page.
Identify the property location
Select the tax payable years to include
Show notes and instructions