Legislature House of Representatives House Research Data & Tools MN Gov't in Brief
K-12 Education Enrollment
Student enrollment is projected to be 863,519 for 2019.
Enrollment Options Program
- 75,166 open enrollment students - fiscal year 2016
- 10,176 postsecondary (PSEO) students - fiscal year 2015
- 24,731 college in high school students - fiscal year 2014
Charter Schools 2016-2017
- 167 charter schools in operation as of September 2016
- 50,441 students as of September 2016
- 226 charters granted as of November 2016
Students by Grade
In 2015-2016, there were 66,188 students enrolled in nonpublic schools, and 864,185 students enrolled in public schools.
Jump to top